Volumetric Video Workflow
VVOW is a cooperation of the Fraunhofer HHI department "Vision & Imaging Technologies", Trotzkind GmbH and reallifefilm international GmbH. The aim of this project is a new 3D reconstruction and modelling method for real people based on a multi-camera recording system. The new system will be used for future film productions, walk-in entertainment and infotainment experiences.
VVOW is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- Development of a marketable recording and production system for the integration of real recorded content into virtual reality (VR) applications
- Evaluation and further development of the production process based on test productions
- The integration of real content into virtual and augmented reality applications is only possible to a limited extent with classic technologies today
- Virtual characters have limited realism with regard to the realistic reproduction of facial expressions and movement details in clothing
- Innovative 3D reconstruction and modelling method for real people based on a multi-camera imaging system allows a lifelike 3D representation of people
- Set-up of a multi-camera recording system with up to 32 cameras
- Development of methods for temporal stabilization of dynamic 3D models
- Development of mesh reduction and smoothing techniques
- Development of plug-ins for commercial 3D post-production tools for efficient post-processing of 3D meshes